Re: LT review...

From: Alexander Neumann (alexander@debian.org)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 19:59:09 CEST

Michael Bramer wrote:
> maybe we should collect some pro and cons about the last LT in
> Karlsruhe...

OK, here are my comments:

> - we don't follow the time table. Or better some debian develeopers
> don't follow it. The first day, we have only some (2-3) debian
> people on the booth and we have only some visitors. The booth was
> empty and I don't like this..
> After some hours Andreas and I move from the backstage to the booth
> and IMHO the next days the booth was better. Also Jörg was all the
> time on the booth.

Every time I thought the booth was too empty or the talking developers
are overloaded I moved from the back of the booth to the front. I liked
the place on the back very much because there you can relax without
being asked every minute if you need a bit silence.

And of course there was a place to go with visitors who had a
special question about Debian or only wanted help installing Woody on
their laptop...

> - I talk with some KDE people from the KDE booth and they buy some
> 'brezeln mit butter' (pretzels with butter (?)) every day. I like
> this. Maybe we should buy some food and drink the next time too.

Especially some drink. Someone bought water for the booth, what I think
was great!

> - CDs:
> This year we make 5000 CDs and throw out almost all CDs on 3 Days. On
> the last day we make a sign 'make a bounty and you get a CD'. And
> we get donations...
> - I talk already with someones at the booth: I like a DVD next
> year, with:
> - a normal mirror (like this year)
> - with a knoppix like live system. But this system should be use
> ext2 as loop dev (and not a iso-fs).
> - a optional 'install on your win9X box button' (like the swap
> file in the knoppix of this days)
> (I ask klaus and this is technical possible)
> - Also on the other days we get some donations from our visitors.
> Maybe we should put some 'sparschein' at your booth the next year.

That would be great. I talked to a very interested Debian-user for
nearly half an hour and at the end he gave me 50Eur and vanished with 3
woody-cd's. Cool. ;)

> - LinuxNacht (SocialEvent)
> - Ok the show was ok, but the food and drink was last year better.
> to joey: please choose next year a other place ...

The museum was great, but too short-opened and I didn't like the
speeches, they were really hard to understand from my position...

> - The AKK
> - This place was super. nice hall, nice showers, nice connection,
> nice barbecue and a good breakfast. Thanks to the AKK-Theam.

This is also my opinion. It was very cool to get in touch to the other
people attending the Linuxtag. And the breakfast was enourmous :)

just my 2 cents,

  - Alexander

--
"fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"