Re: Linuxwochen CD

From: Martin Wuertele (martin@wuertele.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 09:22:46 CEST

Hi Gerfried!

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> * Martin Wuertele <martin@wuertele.net> [2002-06-09 18:59]:
>
> > - we will use the Platinum Slimcase CD-Rs since they cost us between EUR
> > 0,50 and 0,60 per item and they only need a front cover
> > - we will burn ~50 of these binary x86 CDs
>
> Uhm, I thought this is handed to pinguin.at? Or do you mean in
> addition? For handouts during friday and saturday?

The information regarding the sponsor came in a few hours later... so we
won't have to burn any x86 CDs except for testing.

> > - in addition we will burn max. 5 binary PPC minimum install CDs from the
> > images available at http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/
>
> Haven't taken a look at them now, are they somewhat current woody
> images created with debian-cd?

They are 186 MB mini Woody Iso Images for x86, alpha, m86k and ppc

"The ISOs are small enough to burn to a 8 cm (3 inch) CD-R/RW (although
they'll also work on 12 cm/5 inch CD-R/RW media), and contain enough
packages to install a functional version of Debian woody without going
to the net -- all packages from required, important and standard are
included, as are emacs21, postfix, ssh, and gnupg when they fit. A
complete list of included packages is available in the .packages file
for each architecture."

> > - we will bring 10-20 floppy disks to create install disks for other
> > ports in case necessary
>
> Good idea! Thanks, I've forgotten to mention it, Christoph saved again
> my butt (as last year, I know).

We also need them in case people bring boxes that don't have a running
OS and can't boot off CD...

> > - if we can get any money from sponsors we will propably use it to print
> > the CD covers in color, otherwise we will print them in black-white
> > with our laser printers
>
> Unfortunately I don't have contact here or even ideas how to talk to
> such people and convince them... I can just try to look if I can print
> it at work (or ex-work or ex-ex-work -- gee, that is getting more and
> more ex every now and then :/).

Christoph is working on sponsored printing. We'll see.

yours Martin

--
<martin@wuertele.net> ----------------------------- NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
           GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred