Re: Debian booth at upcoming Linux@work Europe 2002 tour

From: Michael Meskes (meskes@debian.org)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:33:32 CEST

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:57:24AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> We've received an offer to staff a booth at the Linux@work Europe 2002
> conference tour <http://www.ltt.de/linux-at-work.2002/>.

Whow! Last year only KDE was there and Ralf had to talk them out of
asking for money for that single table they had.

> Frankfurt - June 11, 2002

That could be possible for me.

> Linux@work is aimed at business, so thos of you who would like to
> staff a booth, should probably wear "well clothes". A suit is not
> required, would be fine, of course, but black trousers and a Debian
> shirt will definitively be sufficient.

Yes, and no shorts please.

I was there last year and frankly it wasn't a good show. But there was
quite some audience. And almost noone was there to tell them about the
community, about free software and so on.

We probably need someone from the Franfurt area to take care of that
booth too. I'm willing ot come down to Frankfurt but only as a day tour,
so I'm not available for building the "booth". But I can bring a
notebook with me. And we can distribute CDs if we don't distribute them
all at Linuxtag.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes