Re: Stop discussing, Start working :-)

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 09:17:32 CEST

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 11:25:25PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/flyer/
> >
> > I need to add the sponsor at least. I've not yet had the time to merge
> > all the content changes I got from you and from #debian.de, but I'll do
> > this soon.
>
> OK, the content changes are merged in; the sponsor too. Michael, is
> this acceptable?

The flyer looks very well. Nobody should ever say again that you
can't do that with Free Software. Michael and Jens, many many thanks
for your work. I'm pretty sure it is highly appreciated.

One of the first interesting feedback is that two people plan to
translate the flyer into portuguese for use at portuguese events. I
expect more maintainers picking up the files once they are publically
available on www.debian.org (I'll ensure this will happen). I guess
this is something that couldn't happen that easy otherwise.

Slight correction: "This flyer was..." Please add a fullstop at the end.

Also "Sie wollen mehr wissen?" --> s/wollen/möchten/

Oh, and UltraSPARC is not a real port, and should probably not be
listed in the portability list.

> Still to be done:
>
> - The URLs. They don't wrap nicely sometimes and the 2 '//' are too far
> apart. Probably nothing we can do about that.

Try this one:

http:/\kern-.20em/www.debian.org/

In order to not make the source more ugly, you may want to use this
command and use instead:

\newcommand{\httpurl}[1]{http:/\kern-.20em/#1}

\httpurl{www.debian.org/}

> - The color of the background swirl. Jens and me hacked the color in the
> .eps-file manually. If we set it to grey, this would mean we only have

Very good. I like that! Use the power. Very, very good.

> one color besides black in the flyer, that might save on printing
> costs.

Three colours actually (black, swirl red and i-dot red)

If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi