Re: Stop discussing, Start working :-)

From: Geert Stappers (Geert.Stappers@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 17:11:53 CEST

At 16:01 +0200 5/26/02, David N. Welton wrote:
>Jens Schmalzing <jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

[snip]
>---
>\def\Freedom{
>%
>Debian is comprised entirely of Free Software. By Free Software, we
>don't mean zero cost, but also the Freedom to use it how and where you
-don't mean zero cost, but also the Freedom to use it how and where you
+don't mean zero cost, but the Freedom to use it how and where you

>want, share it with your friends, read and modify the source code, and
>distribute those changes to other people. This means Debian can be

read the source code, modify the program if desired
( split read and modify )

>used with no limitations - even in commercial environments! Debian is
>the largest collection of read-to-install Free Software on the internet.
>%
>}
>---
>
>How does that sound?
>
>Another little change:
>
>---
>\def\Community{
>%
>
>The Debian project is a 100\% volunteer effort committed to producing
>a world class Open Source operating system. There are currently around
>1000 people from around the globe working on the Debian operating
>system, each with roles ranging from package Development to
>Quality Assurance, Security, Policy, and Strategy.
>---
>
>Strategy? Does that mean the people who do nothing more than post to
>mailing lists telling other people what to do? Who are our Debian
>strategists?;-) I would suggest removing that and maybe put something
>like "Operations", which covers the people who keep our infrastructure
>running.

Please keep "Strategy" in the text.
Debian thinks ahead on topics as software patents
and open documents e.g. joining OASIS
And it is a nice buzz word.

[snip]

No more suggestions for improvement IMHO

Keep up the good work.

Geert