Re: Debian Flyer

From: Othmar Pasteka (pasteka@kabsi.at)
Date: Sat May 25 2002 - 16:49:23 CEST

Hi,

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 02:29:12PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Correct, the red will look a little bit different than on the screen,
> same for green and blue. So what? There are different red's on the
> screen for the swirl anyway.

i talked with one from kde doing the kde graphics for them (or
did whatever). and what she says it basically what holds true
here as well: if people want to keep this hackerish style and the
amateurism they can stick to RGB tools like gimp, but if you want
to be somewhere near a good quality prodcut you can't avoid using
photoshop/etc. but for some good looking is not as important as
principles. i mean nothing against principles but if something
can't offer a certain quality we don't have to rape other tools
to accomplish this.
if one is doing some technical slides, documentation with latex
that's fine, but if you want to be eye catching and something
looking really good you have to go to the dark side. at least
now.
so, well, i'ld choose quality despite the non-freeness of the
software over the principles. the mess with the previous one was
that the photoshop file wasn't made available.
if we care about that the whole point isn't that unfortunate any
more, despite the non-freeness.
and if there is some sort of equivalent product which can deal
with CYMK, etc. natively in a quasi-professional environment,
let's swap then, or whatever.

so, joey is pretty much inclined using it, so we will have to
stick to our hackerish style.

so long
Othmar