Re: Version 2 of CD Image

From: Michael Meskes (meskes@debian.org)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 11:23:36 CEST

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 08:34:05AM +0200, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> Do we really need so many terminal emulators??? (Flames about that to
> /dev/null ;-). )

I completely agree, but I guess that doesn't have to go to /dev/null.
:-)

> > Look at mozilla from sid and drop netscape (if it does not need to much
> > from Sid).
> > What about those security fix in mozilla rc2?
> I just vote to drop netscape.

I support that too. How about galeon?

> > Also drop most of -dev packages, I doubt that many end users
> > would need them.
> Agreed.

Do we even need one?

> > :: A suggestion i get. Would save space, but is Cups usable for Newbies?

Probably better than lpr(ng) as there is a web based front-end. :-)

> > Kill all Documentation except en.
> Hmm, LinuxTag is a German conference with potential German visitors, right?
> Why not stick to German documentation and just leave the English where no
> (up to date!) German replacement exists? Just an idea.

From my experience that are very few non-German visitors, but quite a
lot German newbies who'd like to try Debian. Thus the German docs should
stay IMO.

> > Add de Documentation.

So my last statement is mood, or was this taken out of context?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De