Re: Version 2 of CD Image

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 10:08:30 CEST

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:29:28AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Joey: One Idea. And one Question to you as one of debian-admin:
> Can you give me access on raff or any other debian machine with a
> better connection than klecker AND enough free space until the CD thing
> is finished?
> I looked at the machines i have access, but only auric was fine. But
> thats ftp-master, so not a good deal. :)

Better we should use jigdo! If you have a local mirror (or a fast
internet connection to some mirror) you can download the image in some
hours (or faster).

Can you add some README about jigdo (with download links to
http://www.de.debian.org/cd/ (?))

> Update on Klecker is running with rsync. DONT use the Image there while
> the File DONT_DOWNLOAD.NOW is there !
> jigdo files follow. Same goes here: No download before
> DONT_DOWNLOAD.NOW disappears. :)

Better you make the upload in your privat home dir (out of public_html)
and move the images and files after the finished upload.

> :: I extracted the PDF of Franks Buch and added that. I dont added the
> :: Package. Should i do that too? But i prefer it this way. So everyone
> :: can read the book without an installed Debian.

IMHO this is ok. Maybe a README with his apt-sources

Gruss
Grisu

--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Ein "Newbee" der lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil;) "