Re: CD Image

From: Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 17:33:48 CEST

#include <hallo.h>
Joerg Jaspert wrote on Tue May 14, 2002 um 03:24:03AM:

> Or that jigdo works. debian-cd is still running to create the jigdo
> things, so you can use it to build the image with it. First invocation
> is a looong run.

So can you provide jigdo files or not? Klecker is veery slow, and UNI
ftp is much faster. Alternatively, is there a nifty way to create a such
basis image using local FTP as source?

> Hmm, "possibly invalid template" for a just generated file is not a good
> message. So no jigdo yet. But the ISO transfer is running. :)

 1% [ ] 7,257,340 6.02K/s ETA 29:04:37

As said before, kleckers net connection is very busy.

> The First Setup was German (Lang-Chooser), after reboot everything in
> English.

Known issue, I hacked boot-floppies and base-config a while ago, but the
results were disappointing. Many debconf templates were not translated,
and the locale generation were a bit touchy and risked to make
base-config completely unuseable.

> Changed the Order of the Kernel Images at boot time. Now 2.4 comes
> first and is the default for this CD.

Nice.

> Added:
> alsa-base
> alsa-headers
> alsa-modules-2.4.18-386
> alsa-modules-2.4.18-686
> alsa-source
> alsa-utils
> alsaconf
> analog

Better install webalizer.

> apt-listchanges
> apt-spy
> aumix

Use aumix-gtk instead. It does provide console-interface too, don't
worry.

> cdbakeoven
> cdda2wav
> cdrecord

cdrdao?

I miss:

vim-gtk
hotplug
rxvt
slrn
zapping
eterm
lyx
psi (okay, gabber is useable too)
gnomeicu
gnomba
parted
gqview (there is no other useable picture viewer, AFAICS)
xine-ui
smpeg-xmms
tuxracer
jpilot
At least one tetris clone.
Newer boot-floppies. Please use David's CVS build from p.d.o/~dwhedon

Who needs heimdal and kerberos (looking from newbie's point of view!)?
Who needs xpilot (without ROMs)?

Why not use apache-ssl instead of apache?

Why not drop fetchmail? We have fetchmail-ssl.

Please kick icewm-experimental and include icewm-themes and icepref
instead. Also drop most of -dev packages, I doubt that many end users
would need them.

What about those security fix in mozilla rc2?

--
> To do is to be    (Karl Marx)
> To be is to do    (Jean Paul Sartre)
> Do be do be do (Frank Sinatra)