Re: CD-Image-Download URL

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 00:48:07 CEST

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Christian Weerts <cw@familie-weerts.de> writes:
>
> >> people.debian.org/~joerg after my next build.
> >> This evening i think. I have to fix the Bug in the Image from
> >> yesterday. :)
> >> I post a message here if it is up. (with 128kbit it is not fast :)) )
> > I would add an text like this on the CD-itself or on the
> > back-cover:
>
> Back-Cover. Same thing is in English as README.[txt|html] there.
>
> > Starten der Installation: Sie können den PC von dieser CD
> > booten, die Installation von DOS aus starten, indem Sie
> > im Verzeichnis \install "boot" aufrufen, oder Disketten
> > erzeugen und den PC damit booten.
> > Deutschsprachige Dokumentation finden Sie im Verzeichnis
> > \install\doc\de und Handbücher in \books.
>
> Only if you give me German Doc. We have en, ca, cs, da, it but no de.
> Do i miss something?

As far as I know they should be generated from the boot-floppies
source. If not, please contact Othmar <othmar@debian.org> and maybe
Joy <josip@debian.org> to find out what went wrong and/or to get the
current German files.

> Iso builds fine now. Uploading starts in the next hour.
>

> > Can you verify the path in the text?
>
> install/boot.bat is fine.
> You should add some more for the Diskimages:
> /dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44 erwähnen should be
> mentioned as the location of the images.

Isn't that linked into the install directory?

No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book