Re: LT CD, Second Try

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 22:13:02 CEST

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> What is the latest date for the final Image? I prefer 16 MAY, but thats
> in 4 Days.
> I choosed that because i planned to make some vacation between 16 and
> 23or 30 May. But today my only hope is for 23 til 30 May, so 23 May is
> a good final date too.

Args. This would make any real testing of the images impossible. I
guess that rules you out for CD mastering.

I can only warn you not to test the images and press untested images
on thousands of CDs, mastered by somebody who isn't used to Debian CD
mastering and to the mster tools of Debian. This cries for problems.

> > Please send patches and improvements.
>
> First a question: Additional README or replace the existing one? I say
> replace.

No, it's an additional, that's why it contains the suffix ".linuxtag"
instead of ".txt". Hmm, I should consider naming it README.LinuxTag,
though.

> Chapter Upgrading:
> Please add the following lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
>
> deb file:/org/ftp.debian.org/ftp woody main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free
>
> The file: to be removed or an explanation that this is for local
> mirrors.

Oh, right. It's corrected now.

> Add a part about apt-cdrom add if they have a full CD Set at one time.

Done.

> Someone there wo wants to translate that file to German/French?

If a translation should be added, it should be made not earlier than
one day before the final cd is mastered, or the translation will tend
to be out of date.

Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.