Re: LT CD, Second Try

From: Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 21:25:56 CEST

Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> writes:

>> dselect is EASY.
> Get lost.

What do you want? Do something constructive or be quiet.

> Certainly it is if you are used to it or willing to spend a
> considerable amount of time to read documentation during the
> installation process.

To read 5 - 10 Minutes the Intro displayed by dselect and a look at the
Keystrokes page is too much? You have a new thing and dont want to
learn how to use it?

> This is not the idea of such a CD though. I somehow have the
> impression that you don't really know what this is about.

Ok. Should i stop and let you do the work?

This is a Intro CD to Debian. Nothing more.
I dont care about tasksel or aptitude, but i try to build a usable CD.
Even if you like tasksel: It is *IMO* useless if you dont have all
packages for the tasks installed.
If list-members dont want it removed, just a note in the README thats
fine for me.

BTW: dselect is one of the best things in Debian, together with dpkg,
apt and the whole package system.

> Read the archives. Get a clue.

dselect is easy. DOT.
BTW: There is this aptitude thing on the CD if you dont like dselect.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!