Re: CD-Cover

From: Christian Weerts (chw@ffis.de)
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 13:00:15 CEST

* Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [020509 10:03]:
> Christian Weerts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i had some creative time and do a raw concept for an
> > CD-Cover. At this moment only the Logo's of LinuxTag and
> > Debian are present. If you like my proposal, i'll need
> > the logo's of the sponsors and all the other stuff for the
> > back-cover.
> >
> > Here it is: http://armadillo.ffis.de/debian-cd-lt02/
> >
> > The image is just a little PNG-File to save the transparency
> > of the background and save DL-Time. The Original is based
> > upon the Artwork from last year.
> >
> > Awaiting your comments / whishes.
>
> qiv displays it with a black background, that's way too dark,

Maybe qiv does'nt support transparency?

> also the logo seems to suffer from aliasing.

Hmm, do you mean the Debian- or the LT-logo?
The LT-logo is taken from the website in GIF-Format. For
that, of course, i need a high-resolution image.
The Debian-Logo is taken from the CD-Cover from last year.
It should show some aliasing. Maybe the PNG-format is not
the best for presentation. I move the *.xcf-files to
armadillo too, so you can view it with The Gimp!.

> Hmm, you should add something like "Woody" and "3.0" at
> prominent places.

Sureley i'll do that. This was only the first concept! At
this time i'm working on another Layout with another
background. Let's see...

Greets,
   Christian

--