Re: LT: next round

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 21:11:44 CEST

Moin!

(again, a combined mail...)

Michael Bramer wrote:
> I hope I miss nothing. Please check the open Tasks, if you can help..

A general note: I'm trying to summarize things into certain files
(rendered into URLs) that hopefully help us to organize our LinuxTag
presence properly.

Please check them frequently, since I guess, that they're more up to
date than tons of mails sent to the list (recalling the chaotic
situation from the weekend). Hence, I'll drop some URLs into this
reply. Hope they are helpful. (Updates to be sent to me or to the
list.)

Oh, and sorry, but I'll only answer the parts I have knowledge about,
I'm already again running out of time and won't be able to be more
helpful.

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/organisation.html>

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/staff.php3>

> 1.4.2 Shall we create large signs (posters) to explain that it
> is not a conventional PC which is running the OS in
> front of the visitor?

It may be helpful if somebody could take a laser printer with him, so
we can print things online. But then again, there's a Linux-Printing
booth again, that probably uses tons of printers, so a box of paper
should be enough.

It may also be helpful if, assuming that such things should be
printed, somebody prepares an easy way to create them, so this could
be done in realtime during the show or its preparation. I'm always
voting for some LaTeX files, since they are scriptable, programmable
and don't require X11, but xfig may also be helpful.

But then again, you'll have to decide. Technically, I could always do
that, but I'm running out of time and already need to do such things
for LinuxTag itself...

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/hardware.html>

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/cd.html>

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/day.html>

> 2.2 How and where should it be promoted?
>
> + dwn
> + debian-user-german

See also <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german-0204/msg01824.html>
with zero feedback.

And see also <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german-0204/msg01972.html>
with zero public feedback.

grisu: Thanks for the mail btw.

> + 2.3 Which day make we the DebianDay ?

Fixed to Friday in the meantime.

See also <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/workshops.php3>
(I was too lazy to reserve every slot, but I'll remember to refuse any
other talk in that very room at an unreserved slot.)

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > - when make we the debian day? Th? Fr?
>
> Friday. On Thursday we are doing the last work on the booth (some of us
> start wednesday i hope ? :) ). On Friday its all running as usual so
> thats a good day for it.

I may have to add a little bit of clarification here. The booth needs
to be ready at Thursday 10:00 am. It should, however, be already well
prepared with all machines running, all posters pinned onto their
position, beamers tested, demo-user password distributed etc. on
Wednesday evening (or night, if you like).

> > + the install of debian
> > + -> Joerg Jaspert
> > + maybe a live show with some DAU-Visitors
>
> LOL. Ok, we need some extra T-Shirts "Im a DAU, teach me" for them :)

So please prepare a nice motive, let people discuss it, correct it or
adjust it, check the required amount and then go find some facility to
get them manufactured.

> > 1.4.2 Shall we create large signs (posters) to explain that it
> > is not a conventional PC which is running the OS in
> > front of the visitor?
>
> Yes.
> We need one for alpha and one for Macintosh-thing :)

Please make a proposal for their creation. I'd vote for something
with LaTeX and A4 size, which can easily be resized to A3 or even A2
if somebody can/wants to print that. I *may* be able to print A3 at
LinuxTag, if so, I'd like to help out. The printing booth may also
have such a printer, in which case you should ask there.