Re: LinuxTag

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 17:20:36 CEST

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:36:03PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 06:00:58PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > we need somebody to
> > - recreate the old posters (this are all potato posters...)
> > - print the posters on >>DIN A4 paper...
> > (maybe someone from a university?)
>
> I can offer the printing stuff. While I haven't ever used the big
> plotter of ours I guess that I'll cope with it. Just send me the files
> and I'll try to get them printed.
>
> > joey: have the LT 2002 a hacking center again?
> >
> > I don't think we get a extra room for debian!
>
> Well, I only dreamed that it could be a special room ;) Maybe just a
> place somewhere with a couple of tables (three) in a corner where
> nobody else can have a booth. Joey: do you have some unusable space in
> the hall? :)

no, he will not have some unusable space... (yes, I see the smile)

> > Someone is all the time on the demopoint with the beamer and talk
> > with visitors and show debian (apt-get, update-menues, all the
> > stuff). All without a programm.
>
> That sounds reasonable for the time between the talks. Good idea.
>
> > from time to time we can use the beamer for a extra scheduled talks,
> > a installation demo etc. (max 3 per Day ?)
>
> I fear that 3 a day is not enough. If I imagine a LinuxTag-visitor
> he/she doesn't want to wait two hours to get a presentation. But if we
> haven't got enough to tell every hour it's ok as well.

Now I have:
 - SE Debian (Russell Coker)
 - the install of debian (Joerg Jaspert and visitors)
 - Debian on Laptops (Thimo Neubauer)
 - The Package-Managment (Michael Bramer) (maybe)

You see the other mail ?

Gruss
Grisu

--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"It's a modern Unix! It's stable, superior, enriching! It's gonna get