Re: LinuxTag

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 17:42:14 CEST

ok, you get the mail... I see...

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:56:46PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:06:51PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > to Thimo Neubauer:
> > make you a 'Debian on Laptops' talk on the debian day too?
>
> Yes. I haven't planned the talk yet but as Christoph Baumann offered
> to provide several demo PCMCIA-cards I think that I can expand it to
> arbitrary length :)

ok.
(btw: I have -wavelan, -CF-Adaptor, normal Network; maybe I can get
ISDN/Modem-Card/Serial)

> > to Thimo Neubauer:
> > can we get some numbers?
> > How much must the distance between the white wall and the beamer to
> > get a 1.20x1.5 Screen on the wall?
>
> I just tried guessing. The first time I tried the beamer it was in my
> room and I'm trying to remember the length and size: I'd say 2.5 to 3
> meters.

This is to big. The wall will have a height from 2.5 meters. You can't
put the screem on the floor... -> screen height of max 1.5 -> screen
width of 1.9 max

But we need the distance between the white wall and the beamer ...

What was the distance in your case? Can you test this next week?

> > We must put the beamer station at one site of the booth. This site must
> > have a Wall and we must seperate this whole site with something. Maybe
> > a small table, a shelf or 'Flatterband'....
>
> IMO something higher than a table would be more secure. And one
> question (even as a german): what is 'Flatterband'?

It is a ribbon and it is normal used on road works or accidents to lock
this area.

Gruss
Grisu

--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Linux - Damit der Ausnahmefehler nicht zu Regel wird.