Re: Linuxtag

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 01:41:41 CEST

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:57, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> >> Yes, but then there is no room for the SE-System. And the other PC
> >> should be the "Install" PC (either for "Let the User install it and
> >> just answer questions" or for a Install-Show).
> >
> > SE requires very little space. Currently my entire set of packages
> > comprises 6.5M of debs, most of which are replacements for regular
> > packages and thus only take about 1K or 2K of extra disk space once
> > installed.
> > Running an SE system as an FTP server will work well.
>
> Ok, then we have one ftp Server. :)
> Do you have an SE Enhanced FTP Server ? :)

I have a policy for ftp servers that is quite restrictive. We could
intentionally install an old FTP server with a security hole if you like. ;)
Someone who breaks it will only be able to run "ls" and can't write to any
file. The only raised priviledge level of the FTP server is the ability to
log to syslog.

One of my future plans is to write some sample exploitable programs and
exploit programs for them, then I can demonstrate how such programs allow
root exploits on unprotected systems but don't allow anything on SE systems.