Re: Debian CDs

From: Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 15:45:48 CEST

#include <hallo.h>
Joerg Jaspert wrote on Fri Apr 26, 2002 um 02:35:22PM:

> >> - Who will test them (i put them on people.d.o).
> > Sorry, it's not going to work this way.
>
> It works exactly this way.

Stop it. Stop it now. We need major decissions to start working on the
CD (whatever it would be, Woody-based or Knoppix-based). (*)

> > You can't pick the interesting tasks (deciding about the contents of the CD,
>
> LOL. Do i say "Shut up, i say whats the contents are" ?

No. He gave you a roadmap.

> > creating an ISO image) and expect others to do the more "boring" work
> > like testing,
>
> I can test it only with one PC. So there must be another one who test
> it.

Look like it worked before please. Someone masters, discuss the package
lists on IRC or here, and people can download (via rsync) the generated
image.

> > copying the CDs and getting in touch with the sponsors.
>
> I dont have a copy machine. I dont know any sponsor. Im not good in
> getting sponsors/interacting with them. I dont do that.
> I cant make any artwork too.

Well, we need some guarantees before starting with CD creation.

Who is finding sponsors? Nobody said anything so far.
Who is making the artwork? Jens made a good job last year, has anyone
better ideas for this time?

> > Please see Joey's mail for a list of all tasks that need to be done
> > for the CD.
>
> I still offer to create the isos. Nothing more. If you dont like it: Go
> and die.

Joerg, there was NO GOOD reason for becoming rude!

> > BTW, it has not yet been decided if we want to use Knoppix or woody.
> > I've been in touch with Klaus Knopper and the other people resonsible
> > the the LinuxTag-CD. They have nothing against us distributing Knoppix

.oO( I should vist him... )

> > for free, even if they sell Knoppix on their CDs. However, there
> > probably will also be a free Knoppix-based CD from the German
> > Bundesverwaltung.

The main problem with Knoppix is - there is currently no _well tested_
utility to move it to the harddisk and undo the knoppix-specific
changes.

> I dont know what the people from the Linuxtag does. The only thing i
> found in the Mailinglist Archives for this list was "They sell it, so we
> should not give it out for free".

That is the normal conclusion. We should not compete with LinuxTag
people.

> Wenns dir nicht passt dass ich mich für die ISOs angeboten hab dann iss
> dass dein Pech. Es ist das was ich denke ordentlich hinzukriegen, also
> sag ich dass ich das übernehmen kann. Punkt. Ich kanns genausogut ganz
> lassen und meine Zeit für irgendwas anderes investieren wo ich nicht so
> angemacht werde nur weil ich anbot was zu tun.

Mein Gott, schlecht geschlaffen oder was?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.

--
iMac - Täglich frisch bei McDonalds