Re: Debian CDs

From: Stefan Gybas (gybas@trustsec.de)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 14:20:04 CEST

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 01:25:46PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> There must be emacs on the CD. A Linux-CD without Emacs is a
> Windows-CD. And Postfix and pppoe. Anything else does not matter. :)
> [...]
> I dont know. I dont copy them, i just create the iso.
> [...]
> - Who will test them (i put them on people.d.o).

Sorry, it's not going to work this way. You can't pick the interesting
tasks (deciding about the contents of the CD, creating an ISO image) and
expect others to do the more "boring" work like testing, copying the CDs
and getting in touch with the sponsors. Please see Joey's mail for a
list of all tasks that need to be done for the CD.

BTW, it has not yet been decided if we want to use Knoppix or woody.
I've been in touch with Klaus Knopper and the other people resonsible
the the LinuxTag-CD. They have nothing against us distributing Knoppix
for free, even if they sell Knoppix on their CDs. However, there
probably will also be a free Knoppix-based CD from the German
Bundesverwaltung.

So we first need to decide what to put on the CD, then we need to get
enough sponsors, then we need someone to design the covers, then we can
start making ISO images (we might not even need to do this when we
distribute woody, we could take one of the unofficial ISO images).

--
Stefan Gybas