Re: Systems 2001

From: Jens Schmalzing (jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 10:04:31 CEST

Hi,

Martin Schulze writes:

> Name Days
> Henning 'Woglinde' Heinold So-Fr
> Jens Schmalzing So,Do-Fr

I have to attend a meeting in Eibsee on Thursday, so I won't be coming.

> Michael 'grisu' Bramer Mo-Fr
> Michael Meskes Tu
> Simon Richter Mi-Fr
> Tim Weippert Mo
>
> So far this compiles into:
>
> Sunday 3

To me it looks as if just Henning and I are coming on Sunday.

> 2 tickets can be picked up by Sarah Bröker from Linux New Media
> AG on Sunday afternoon/evening.

I'm sure you mean `can be picked up *from* Sarah'. Do you have any
information where to contact her?

> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> can provide a Mac SE/30, to be
> used as extraordinary device - though, maybe not yet running
> Debian (updates?).
>
> Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> can provide an Amiga 1200 running
> Debian.
>
> Richard Atterer <deb-events-eu@list.atterer.net> can provide an
> ARM RiscPC <http://atterer.net/acorn/riscpc.jpeg>, also an
> interesting box to watch and demonstrate.

>From what I understand, Simon's Amiga is the only machine of these
three with a fully functional OS. According to Richard, neither X11
nor ethernet are running on the RiscPC. And Michael says he doesn't
have time to install the SE/30 this week. I'm vaguely familiar with
the mac68k architecture and would be willing to take a look at the
SE/30. I am planning to install Debian onto my Powerbook 5300c this
week anyway.

This difficult selection (can you say Qual der Wahl?) aside, I will
take to the fair everything that is brought to my office, and take
back everything that doesn't fit into the booth. So just drop your
stuff in room 340, Theresienstraße 37. If you have a transportation
problem, send me a note.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!