Re: Booth equipment for LinuxTag

From: Oliver M . Bolzer (oliver@gol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 14:25:28 CEST

    On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:35:27AM +0200, Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> wrote...
    > Can somebody provide a telly?
    > . Playstation II
    > . Dreamcast
    >
    > All of them will expect a telly for their output. They will work
    > with a tv card, for sure, but a real telly running Linux would

    The Dreamcast requires a TV card because this unit speaks only NTSC.
    ( Or somebody brings an European Dreamcast and I'll bring the bood CDs
      and NIC)

    The PlayStation2 speaks to an Monitor over VGA. It can output up to
    1024x768. After the installation it can either run on the monitor or
    a TV, NTSC confirmed but also PAL (reportedly). The monitor will need
    to have SyncOnGreen support but most, except the very cheap ones, will
    have such support, especially those which ypu can connect to a Mac.
    One of our monitors will certainly fit.

    --
    	Oliver M. Bolzer
    	oliver@gol.com

    GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761 018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF