Re: Boothservice LinuxTag 2001+ Software recommendation

From: Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 23:46:29 CEST

    Heh, I simply have to comment on this...

    Christian Kurz wrote:
    > > > 3. Per afternoon shift there is one responsible for the cleanup in the
    > > > evening. On sunday, Torsten, Eva and I will take care of that plus Niko
    > [...]
    > > > plastic bag and set it in front of the booth (if everyone sticked with
    > > > the rule to put his own trash into the plastic bag of course:) so the
    > > > cleaning service can pick that up.
    >
    > Yes, that's very important. Always show the visitors a nice clean well
    > organized booth. :)

    Which... I'll have to write something up. I have placed dustbins at
    every booth. There will be pastic bags in the large storeroom. They
    shall cover all garbage from all booths. When they're filled up in the
    evening, throw them out. I'm going to check all booths on all evenings.
    (or I send one of my supporters to do that).

    > > > 5. The persons sitting on the 6 computer places are responsible for
    > > > their place they're at. You need to keep an eye on your mousepad and
    > > > most importantly any wireless hardware such as mice and keyboards, also
    > [...]
    > > > which can hand that over to the next person for the following day so we
    > > > can assure all machines can actually be used :)
    >
    > That's also a good idea. Will we have a generic login called "linuxtag"
    > or "debian" on the machines?

    Should be.

    > > > b) Friday Evening, Social Event: for those who are going there, we'll
    > > > get free entrance tickets. We'll share them before we join the event.
    > > > Please don't bug the one responsible at the booth *before* 6pm for your
    > > > ticket. They'll be given out when everything else is done, the booth
    > > > cleaned up. *Everyone* gets a card, so please don't turn crazy like
    > > > we're selling Madonna concert tickets :)
    >
    > Okay, I'll think this one is handled different.

    Yes. Either somebody is collecting money and names to get the tickets from
    me or anybody who is interested in attending this years social event drops
    by at the office and purchases a ticket from me or my collegues.

    > > > kind. Remember we have a women's group that will be present at the booth
    >
    > And we have no woman at our booth. ;(

    Which doesn't have to be true. :-)

    Well, I could make it true if I pester the woman to work for me all the
    time...

    > > > d) Everyone *NOT* on the booth service list for given timeframes but KDE
    > > > participant at LinuxTag:
    > > > The explicit right is hereby given to the person responsible at the
    > > > booth for his shift, to kick out any and all KDE developers that are NOT
    > > > having booth service during the shift. There will be no discussion about
    >
    > That's in my opinion not a very good idea for our booth. I'll would
    > never kick one out of the booth. We'll should suggest some developers to
    > leave the booth and go around if too many developers are at the booth,
    > but I still hope that this won't happen.

    I'd say, please go ahead. :-) I have prepared another booth to collect
    random developers. Sound cool? Will be cooler. It's a special hacking
    center with tables, chairs, power and net.connectivity. It's designed
    especially for those with a laptop who don't have booth service and would
    like to code. It's open, so expect visitors around you.

    > > > it as you can think of 40 developers overcrowding the booth and turning
    > > > everything into a mess. We provide a hacking area (or, if not in the
    > > > Expo hall, the RedHat labs in Stuttgart, 10 minutes away) for you to
    >
    > Hm, do we also get such hacking area? ;)

    See above. :-)

    You could ask RedHat if they want to provide a Hacking Area for Debian
    as well, might be fun.

    If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
    	-- motd of irc.funet.fi