Re: LinuxTag: Current status of CD images

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 22:15:24 CEST

    On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > > having discussed about the new lt2k1-CD with ref and Joey on #debian.de
    > > yesterday, we decided that in the current situation (BF's not ready and
    > > probably won't be to the right time), the best solution is to use a
    > > Potato-CD similar to the last year ones. Some upgrades should be on this
    > > disk:
    >
    > I guess this is the best solution if there should be any cd since:
    >
    > Bluehorn: 0 time
    > ref: 0 time
    > rb: 0 time
    > Peter: 0 time
    > zomb: little time
    > grisu: 0 time
    > Joey: 0 time

    s/grisu: 0 time/grisu: same time/

    I don't spend my time in the woody boot-floppies, and I work now on
    the CD.

    > However, how likely is it to have a working beta at the beginning
    > of next week? If we don't manage that, we'll have to drop the idea
    > due to 0 time to get it pressed.

    ok. I have a working (?) CD.

    I get the last debian-cd from CVS and my mirror and make a CD with:
     - _potato BF's (2.2.23-2001-04-15)
     - alle Packages from woody (of course only 942 Packages)

    I have make a test Installation and it work nice. (apt-get make the
    magic). (if you don't make a 'select all in tasksel') On the CD is no
     - kde (don't we have kde in woody now?)
     - non-free
     - woody-secured (apt-cdrom problem)

    I plan to delete the image-1.20 and image-2.88 on the CD. I get with
    this deletion 26 MB space on the CD.

    Gruss
    Grisu

    "Die gute alte Zeit ist nichts anderes als eine  rückwärts datierte Utopie."
                                                               (Erich Wiesner)