Re: Debian Day - Talks

From: Richard Higson (richard.higson@gt.owl.de)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 13:35:10 CEST

    On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 09:59:59AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:59:59 +0200
    > From: Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de>
    > To: Richard Higson <richard.higson@gt.owl.de>
    > Cc: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org
    > Subject: Re: Debian Day - Talks
    >
    > Richard Higson wrote:
    > > Hi Joey.
    > > Would people be interested in a talk on the state of the debian-s390 port?
    >
    > Not sure, it's a buzzword-port currently, since S/390 is "such an important
    > architecture" and "SuSE and Turbolinux already ported Linux to it" etc. blabla.
    >
    > Since this port is quite young, not very visible within Debian and only
    > a couple of Debian packages exist on auric, I guess that it would be
    > interesting.
    >
    > > I could do that, and demonstrate where we stand, and where we're going.
    > > I can run debian-s390 on my laptop, using the hercules /390 emulator.
    > > If we have network connectivity, I have access to "real" S/390 Linuxii.
    >
    > Due to the distances from the exhibition to the rooms and thick concrete
    > walls, we don't have network.access in these rooms. We'll have it at the
    > booth, though.
    >
    > So, shall I add it to the list of talks? (3 talks already)
    Yes please, and give me an idea when/where/how_long (or point me in the right direction).
    We have been very "low profile" up to now, but there's an autobuilder just starting
    to come up to speed, and that should change considerably in the next few weeks.

    Richard

    --
    Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
    M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.