Re: Debian Day - Talks

From: Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 09:59:59 CEST

    Richard Higson wrote:
    > On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:45:43PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > > Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:45:43 +0200
    > > From: Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de>
    > > To: debian-events-eu@lists.debian.org
    > > Subject: Re: Debian Day - Talks
    > >
    > > Michael Meskes wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Speaking of it, which kind of infrastructure do we have? A beamer and a PC?
    > > > Or do we need slides?
    > >
    > > A beamer.
    > >
    > > You'd have to provide your own pc. There will be plenty of laptops
    > > and I'm sure somebody in the audience is willing to provide it for
    > > a presentation.
    > Hi Joey.
    >
    > Would people be interested in a talk on the state of the debian-s390 port?

    Not sure, it's a buzzword-port currently, since S/390 is "such an important
    architecture" and "SuSE and Turbolinux already ported Linux to it" etc. blabla.

    Since this port is quite young, not very visible within Debian and only
    a couple of Debian packages exist on auric, I guess that it would be
    interesting.

    > I could do that, and demonstrate where we stand, and where we're going.
    > I can run debian-s390 on my laptop, using the hercules /390 emulator.
    > If we have network connectivity, I have access to "real" S/390 Linuxii.

    Due to the distances from the exhibition to the rooms and thick concrete
    walls, we don't have network.access in these rooms. We'll have it at the
    booth, though.

    So, shall I add it to the list of talks? (3 talks already)

    The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
    	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum