Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

From: Roland Bauerschmidt (rb@debian.org)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 14:11:41 CEST

    Torsten Landschoff wrote:
    > If we are building woody cds, we should use the same tools as we will
    > use later when creating the release images. So we will have to go
    > with debian-cd and extend it for our needs. From what Roland wrote
    > it seems he wants to create the directory tree of the cd and do it
    > all manually. I think we should make the whole beast scriptable so
    > that whenever somebody needs to build custom cds he can base it on
    > our work.

    Sorry, you must have misunderstood me. I don't want to build the images
    all by hand. In fact, that pandora doesn't have a mirror of main is
    unfortunate. Maybe we find a better machine to build stuff on later.
    Joey said we could use hydra-old (some Linuxtag machine) on which we'd
    probably need a partial mirror for Debian-Knoppix anyway. Another point
    is that current not all packages from woody are in the pool. Thus we'd
    probably have a few package in the old dists/ structure which I actually
    don't like too much. I don't know though if moving those package to
    pools on our mirror would make sense (could probably be scripted pretty
    easily).

    Roland

    --
    Roland Bauerschmidt