Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

From: Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 11:47:55 CEST

    Michael Meskes wrote:
    > On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 03:14:38AM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
    > > 1. Which Debian version?
    > > ------------------------
    >
    > Woody.
    >
    > > 2. How about a live file system?
    > > --------------------------------
    >
    > Good idea IMO, but do we do this instead of installable package,
    > additionally or on a seperate CD?

    We *can* do this as well. This is funded already!!! All we have
    to do is produce the CD. Much of the required Know-How will come
    from Klaus Knoppers' Knoppix. Background: LinuxTag wants to have
    a Debian-Knoppix. Roland mentioned this some days ago. Since
    Knoppix uses a compressed fs on CD about 1.2gb of data can be
    installed. There's going to be a mailing list created soon where
    this cd can/should be discussed/developed.

    A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.