Re: Braunchweig im Mai: [Fwd: Debian-Stand]

From: Jens Neppe (jens@neppe.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 09:18:53 CET

    Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:

    > Martin Schulze wrote:
    > > Err... folks be prepared to require a *CAR* (that stinky thing with four
    > > wheels...) to transport it, that alpha doesn't just show up here and
    > > there...
    >
    > In addition, it is quite heavy as well... I don't want to carry it on my
    > one for a longer distance...
    >
    > --
    > Roland Bauerschmidt
    >
    > --

    Hi!

    I might be able to organize something like a car. My parents live in
    Braunschweig. It just depends on how long the distance is( I don't want
    to transport hardware from Munich to Braunschweig. ) But keep in mind
    that it's just a Golf(car). I also have to say, that I cannot be present
    at the booth on Sunday, 6th May due to one of these family events called
    birthday. : ( But I can shurely help at the end of the event.

    I thought about bringing along my i486 DX/2 66MHz 4MB Ram Colani
    BlueNote. It's not ready configured yet *smile* and there's still a
    Debian 2.1 on it. I would put the potato on the harddisk, if you want.
    :)))) But it is a good way to demonstrate that there is no need to buy
    new hardware to get Debian running... Perhaps I could show how to send
    SMS with it. In fact, most of the other Distributions hand out a Pentium
    optimized Kernel so that you can not boot an i486 or give out a memory
    error.

    How do you think about that?

    Bye,

    Jens

    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of toilet paper?