Re: Amsterdam: pictures etc (was: Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam: parking & stand location)

From: Paul Slootman (paul@murphy.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 11:21:08 CET

    On Tue 30 Jan 2001, Martin Schulze wrote:

    > Wow, that looks like a very small booth.

    Yes :-(
    First we were promised a much larger table; once we were there it was
    a table about 60x60cm. Luckily we could first borrow part of one of
    the OSF's tables, later someone had found (stolen? :-) another table.
    The organization wasn't that good. At first internet connectivity was
    reported to cost about 120 Euro, which was a bit steep, but my employer
    was prepared to sponsor this. Then the price was actually around 500
    Euro... Only VA Linux had internet connectivity in the end :-/

    > People, you are all invited to visit us at LinuxTag and I swear

    Why is Linuxtag always so far in the south of Germany :-(

    > that you (or Debian resp.) will get a bigger booth, a booth of the
    > proper size. Check out http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/LinuxTag2000/group.html
    > for a picture of last year's event.

    Why are you hiding? ;-)

    Paul Slootman