Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam/Things to bring

From: Paul Slootman (paul@debian.org)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 23:18:29 CET

    On Sun 21 Jan 2001, Martin Schulze wrote:

    > Please be advised that at least in Germany it costs about euro 20.0
    > for one pc for one day on an exhibition to play music. (GEMA, if that
    > should be known). Dunno how this is handled in .nl.

    We have our own royalties terrorists, Buma/Stemra.

    Just get the freely available stuff from mp3.com,
    which the artists themselves provide. Maybe we can
    provoke a test case for such a situation :-)
    After all, it would be rediculous that Madonna / Jantje Smit
    profit from us playing such music.

    Paul Slootman