Re: Linux Expo Amsterdam posters / flyers

From: J.A. Bezemer (costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 01:04:06 CET

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Joost van Baal wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:44:16PM +0100, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
    > > On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Joost van Baal wrote:

    > A, that helps, thanks. BTW, mentioning, aside from Linux and Hurd, BSD
    > is a bit optimistic, I think. Or have I missed some new development?

    I just did some further investigation, and things with Debian/BSD are a bit
    strange... There is a debian-bsd mailing list, and it has 229 suscribers
    (almost always grown since Sep 99), according to
      http://lists.debian.org/stats/
    But it is not archived anywhere. Except for google's cache for lists.tdyc.com,
    and that's only partly (and not very recent). From what I've seen, there are
    quite a few people interested in getting Debian to BSD, but there isn't really
    done much yet. See things like
      http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:lists.tdyc.com/
      debian-bsd-0011/msg00021.html+xxxxx&hl=en
    (that's one long URL).

    So I've reworded it to "and possibly BSD" in my working copy. I surely hope we
    see more of that in the future -- it's very nice for marketing purposes ;-)

    > > > What time do you think you'll be at the Expo on monday? I could be there at
    > > > 17:00.
    > >
    > > I currently have the intention to be there at 14:00, but if I have to wait for
    > > three hours for anyone to show up, I don't know if I'll stick to that.
    >
    > O, I'll be there at 14:00 then.

    Excellent!

    Regards,
      Anne Bezemer