Re: [ar@rhwd.net: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag]

Subject: Re: [ar@rhwd.net: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag]
From: Roland Bauerschmidt (rb@debian.org)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 19:39:13 CEST

* Alexander Reelsen <ar@rhwd.net> [000615 15:00]:

> > I thought about bb and was able to build this package on the alpha
> > with a small patch, but it doesn't run stable on alpha but segfaults
> > after a minute. So bb should run on a different machine (preferably a
> > i386).

On CeBIT we could compile BB on alpha with really tiny modifications and
it ran fine all day and attracted the visitors... ;) This was with
Andreas machine. I just phoned with him and he told me that we can have
his machine for sure, but Compaq is looking for a better one. We'll see.

Also on CeBIT we had some ia32-machines sponored by innominate. I think
Torsten organised that. Torsten, do you think they would do this again?
Or perhaps you could use your connections to bee? (I hope you have still
the business card...) ;-)

Roland

--
 * Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> * http://www.copyleft.de/~roland/ *
 *         Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a gnu generation          *