Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag

Subject: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag
From: Roland Bauerschmidt (rb@debian.org)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 14:33:30 CEST

* Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> [000614 11:53]:

> No, I wasn't in Braunschweig, so this wasn't my machine (but maybe a
> similar one). If you need more information about the machine, see
> http://www.spinnaker.de/sailnet/fock.html

The one we had in Braunschweig belongs to Andreas Schuldei
<schuldei@andrive.de> and Compaq. Andreas wanted to talk to Compaq if we
could take that one or can get even a bigger machine. Andreas?

It's a dual 400 Mhz EV6 I believe with 0,5 gig RAM and 10 gig Raid 0. In
Braunschweig it had some problems and crashed very often. I don't know
if that is fixed right now. Andreas?

> Last year the Hurd PC was a publicity magnet, so it would be great if
> someone with a Hurd PC (and Hurd knowledge!) would be there.

Yes, I think that would be very good.

> The AlphaStation is quite handy, because it's in a small desktop case,
> where the monitor can be placed on top.

Unfortunately Andreas' is not. It's nearly impossible to carry it with
one person.

Roland

--
 * Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> * http://www.copyleft.de/~roland/ *
 *         Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a gnu generation          *