Re: task packages und sonstiges

Subject: Re: task packages und sonstiges
From: Othmar Pasteka (pasteka@kabsi.at)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 13:39:51 CEST

hi,

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 12:20:05PM +0200, Peter Ganten wrote:
> This has been discussed quite long on the mailing list.

oh, maybe i have some sort of alzheimer ;).

> Sure, but you can't just assume, that we have enough time to wait for
> your stuff. Building and testing a CD takes about 3 hours on my
> machine (including compilation of boot-floppies etc.). We also have to
> do a new source code CD, since we have a new (boot-floppies)
> source-code package with your changes.
> I know. The bad thing is, that you left the documentation in the CVS
> in a state, where it didn't compile, even though you knew, that Roland
> and myself wanted to build the stuff last weekend. So we had to fix
> your stuff to get at least something done. (unfortunatly
> dpkg-buildpackage doesn't stop, if it can't build some part of the
> docs, so we saw it, after we made the first images.)

i know, it's my fault. you just sounded like a no go. that's the
point which worried me.

> In fact, I am building the CD again now, since there were other
> problems yesterday, so if there won't be some problem with the newly
> generated boot-floppies, your stuff will be in.

thanks. there shouldn't be any, i checked out the sources i
commited yesterday and didn't see any errors.

> We have to send it out tommorrow, better today.

ok. because although your deadline was 2 days ago updating the
doc files aren't that problematic. you have "only" to rebuild
with new files, but i don't know how your environment is set up.

so long
Othmar