Re: paketliste

Subject: Re: paketliste
From: Othmar Pasteka (pasteka@kabsi.at)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 12:48:49 CEST

hi,

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:25:14PM +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> Argh. You've probably still the old one. I attach the current list to
> this mail. We have to figure out if we need the official task packages +
> yours or if it is enough just to take yours. What do the others think?
> If you think we _do_ need the official ones please speak up which shall
> be included. We are definetly using the libc6 versions of netscape.
> We'll have to see how quick doggie gets his 4.73 packages finished and
> if we'll be able to include them. I hope we'll be. We'll see.

a) ERM? old list? i looked at
http://www.copyleft.de/pub/author/roland/debian/lt2k/task isn't
this the authoritative list?

b) we NEED the official task-packages because my depend on them,
why should i do some unnecessary work? :) anyway, torsten patched
tasksel in this way that you can pass a prefix to tasksel and it
will select those task packages which have the given prefix, like
displaying just task-linuxtag* which would be fine in our case.
it will go upstream if i understood tausq correctly but he will
return today or tomorrow to integrate it upstream.

> # Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
> #deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
> #deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US potato non-US

would it be bad to enable deb-src by default?

> # The following sources are completely _unofficial_. Use them on your
> own
> # risk if you want.

s/completely _unofficial_/unofficial/ ... they should know what
the term means otherwise ... well ... ;)

so long
Othmar