Subject: status of german boot-floppies
From: Peter Ganten (email@example.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 13:56:20 CEST
just to let you know, how the german boot-floppies are doing:
- I have finished (and tested) the translation of de.po, it seems to
work fine (at least for i386).
- the message-texts for the rescue- and root-floppy are translated
- de.po will set LANG to de_DE, since this is needed to use the
german versions of modconf and base-config, during the
installation. If we do not like to pre-set that variable, we would
have to remove it later.
- Currently, I am using the CVS-versions of base-config and tasksel,
because they provide translations, which are not in the official
So, the installation-procedure will be:
- Put the CDROM in the drive.
- After hitting <return> a german version of dbootstrap will be
- cfdisk is not translated (There are problems with the key-bindings
in the translated version)
- modconf comes up in german
- After reboot base-config comes up in german
- If a x-server is selected during the task-selection, anXious will be
started by base-config, which is not translated.
-- Peter Ganten firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Tue May 23 2000 - 14:06:11 CEST