Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package

Subject: Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package
From: Roland Rosenfeld (roland@spinnaker.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 22:24:40 CEST

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

[Netscape]

> BTW, re version, 4.72 (glibc 2.0) is working fine for me...

Did you try to open many frames (Alt-N) and close them (Alt-W or via
window manager)? My experience was, that netscape randomly died when
closing windows (especially when closing the first window, which was
opened).

There's a rumor, that the above mentioned problem could be worked
around (or fixed?) by patching the X11 libraries, but I didn't read
any message, that this was done with the Debian X11 libraries yet (no,
I don't try this out every day, but my last test with the glibc2
version of 4.72 (when 4.72 was just released, but not available as a
Debian package) still failed...

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--