Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package

Subject: Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package
From: Marcelo E. Magallon (mmagallo@debian.org)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 21:44:18 CEST

>> Roland Bauerschmidt <roland@copyleft.de> writes:

> . rebuild the package with a .netscape directory in /etc/skel - I don't
> think this is a good solution.

You just need to rebuild netscape-base-4 and install a
/etc/netscape4/config with SET_DEFAULTS enabled and the relevant
/etc/netscape4/defaults/ (if you are going to install a default
preferences.js file, keep in mind to install one *WITHOUT*
browser.startup.license_accepted. Other than that, you can do nifty
things like setting the prefered language to "de", set the default
homepage and so on...

> . make a cleanup package "linuxtag" or something like that that drops a
> .netscape directory in /home/* in postinst. We could do other stuff
> here, too, like adding KDE commented to sources.list or configuring
> the gdm logo. Also this would be less work.

Ugh. Yes, I can see it's less work, but it doesn't look that clean,
does it?

                                        Marcelo