Re: Linuxtag

Subject: Re: Linuxtag
From: Frank Neumann (franky@viona.de)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 12:48:39 CEST

Hi,
Michael Meskes wrote:

> Yes, a Sun would be nice. I do not have one, but I would be interested to
> show one on my stand.

I have a SparcStation 1+ at home, 750 MB harddisk, 1152x900 8bit graphic
board, some 24 or 28 MB of memory. No speed daemon, but it works. Currently
it's got a pretty old "sid" installation on it, but it would be interesting
for me to retry potato on it. It could also nicely show the process of
completely booting a Sparc over the net (RARP, tftp etc). Tell me if you're
interested. I'd like to be at the Linuxtag all 4 days. My company allows me
to be there on the first 2 days, and I'll just stay there for the rest of
the weekend myself. I just need an interesting place where I can show
something - and I guess the Debian booth will already be staffed enough.

Frank

PS: If interested, I can also take again my old 'n' rusty Amiga 3000 with me.
Some people found it quite..uhm.."amusing" at LinuxTag last year, like
firing up the Gimp in just about 5m30sec. :-}

PPS: How large did you say is your company's booth there? :-)

--
   Frank Neumann (franky@viona.de), Software Engineer @ VIONA Development GmbH
       Karlstraße 27, 76139 Karlsruhe, Germany  - phone: +49 721 9134424