Re: Linuxtag

Subject: Re: Linuxtag
From: Michael Meskes (meskes@debian.org)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 11:55:33 CEST

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 07:44:44AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > and for company booths, they might not be soo happy with even a small
> > croud of people standing around their both (usualy designed for good
> > marketing).

Why not? Sure, it depends on the behaviour of the people. But as long as the
professional visitors can get into contact with our people I see not much of
a problem.

Or did you mean developers willing to answer questions?

> Well, for me it seems like Michael would have absolutely no problem
> with this but instead would be happy.

If the latter was meant, that's good. After all we are NOT offering some
products but consulting. And for consulting you need to show know-how. Even
if some of these people do not (yet :-)) work for my company, it looks like
good merketing to me.

> Well, Michael offered such a position and the booth of his firm creadata

credativ. :-) The term is a combination of creative and data.

> (Hopefully spelled it right. :) and I accepted it. We will meet in the
> near future and then discuss the details about how we can integrate
> debian in the booth and make it like unit and not like "Hey this company
> gave us some booth." And as Michael is also a Debian Developer I think
> this will be no real problem.

Of course I agree. :-)

Michael

Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!