Re: Linuxtag

Subject: Re: Linuxtag
From: Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 02:28:08 CEST

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > I think he meant that debian will have it' own booth and so debian does
> > not need to be present at other boothes.
>
> in the end: how many volunters are there, and what do they want to do ?
>
> of course there is a big croud of people forming a massive debian both.
> but a croud of people is a nice meeting place for debian developers and
> friends, but its not a good representative for the outside.

Enough to fill three to five booth with more than enough staff,
at least that's my expection.

I'm - at least - quite happy we can staff more than this single booth
with people and help. This demonstrates quality since our "partners"
must have had a reason to chose Debian and not something else. On the
other side, these "partners" get competent people which is a win for
them as well.

> with the results of last year, i realy would like some sort of a
> "hackcenter" for everyone, and it could have a bigger debian population.
> that would be the place for debian developers to meet, hang out and party.

That's not possible due to the official character of the Messe Stuttgart

Gruesse,

The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum