Re: [kvigier@wanadoo.fr: Linux Venture]

Subject: Re: [kvigier@wanadoo.fr: Linux Venture]
From: Hans Zoebelein (hzo@goldfish.cube.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 23:16:55 CET

Hi,

while I was not involved directly with Debian before, I spoke
with some Debian people at the Munich Systems show last winter.
There I had noticed, that nobody had some CD-ROMs available to offer for
interested visitors. Neither Redhat, SuSE (I think) and Debian.

In between I made contact with a guy from 'Linux Central' at the Bazaar
Linux exhibition in NY this December. They were selling CD-ROMs really
cheap (they charged 2 USD). They told me that if someone would take a
bigger quantity, their price would go down below 1 USD.

Since it would IMHO be a good idea to distribute Debian CD-ROMs to
visitors, one could make a deal with those LinuxCentral people, order
some Debian CD-ROMs and sell them at the exhibitions.

Email address of this person I spoke with is
Jim Gray <jim@linuxcentral.com>.
Their website is http://www.linuxcentral.com.

Btw: there were other companies who offer low priced CD-ROMs containing
Debian. But Linux Central's CDs had the best look (they come in
transparent sleeve with strong cover colors and silver writing on it).

Enjoy!
Hans

--
blinux == http://www.leb.net/blinux/