Re: Stand auf dem Linux Kongress (fwd)

Othmar Pasteka (pasteka@kabsi.at)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:06:06 +0200

Hi,

> One more idea I had of what we could demo is a more-or-less complete
> production cycle of turning a simple Debian base system into a Webserver:
> Installing apache/boa/whatever, designing the content (BlueFish/Galway?),
> designing decor elements (Gi...you know what ;-), creating animated
> gifs (whirlgif etc), connecting to a mySQL database etc..though I don't
> know very much about the latter :-}), maybe also creating a News system
> a la slashdot with a package like "Edcom" (not packetized for Debian
> yet, *hint* http://edseek.com/developers.shtml).

sounds fine. the server point shouldn't be that difficult. but with the
rest i am a bit sceptical because i don't deal very much with graphics
nor i have time doing so and other poeple on the list i don't know there
capabilities in these areas. and databases, uh, well, dunno. but to be
pure gpl, we should use postgresql (or posgresql? i don't know)
hmm, yes, at a first glance edcom is also what i am looking for in the
office, so i could test it there both for the booth and for work :).

so long
Othmar

PS: frank: do you have some other urls for such news systems? thanks in
advance.
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to Majordomo@Infodrom.North.DE with the
text "unsubscribe debian-events-de" in the message body.